(Survival Ready | Vanilla | Subgrids | No DLC | 475 blocks | 5083 PCU)
Dimensions (LWH): 20 (50m) x 11 (27.5m) x 12 (30m)
United Workers Union Terrestrial Equipment is proud to present its latest feat of engineering, the UTE-H Hathor Heavy Exploration Vehicle! This large rover provides everything needed planetside to conquer whatever inhospitable terrain presents itself. Designed as a small mobile base for light manufacturing and defense against routine threats such as drones, the Hathor is built to keep a pair of engineers safe and comfortable as they explore a planet's surface. Go big and go home with a full-sized refinery, assembler and turrets, and never be left out in the weather again thanks to the cozy pressurized cabin.
Looks like we're gonna have to jump!
Unlike the children of the Spartans of old, the Hathor is designed to survive a kilometer-long plunge off of a cliff and land safely. Thanks to large wheel technology and an included gyroscope, this rover scoffs at the jagged terrain that so frequently brings small-grid roving to a screeching halt. Got a long way to go? Scriptless cruise control is included, and if you lose a tire, built-in jack pistons and a spare wheel will get you back on the way quickly.
A home away from home
Not even airless moons or toxic atmospheres can stop you from opening your helmet in the warm, oxygenated glow of the pressurized cabin. With a fully operational airlock and a large oxygen tank, this heavy rover means never having to worry about that pesky O2 gauge as long as it's nearby. A pair of engineers can rest without fear in a pair of beds or cryotanks or take in an alien sunset from one of the many windows while relaxing on the couch or in the kitchen after a hard day.
- Spare parts are available on the move thanks to the included industrial core. An assembler with four speed modules lets you manufacture spare parts or entire new bases quickly, while the refinery with four yield modules gets the most out of any ore you find along the way.
- A Large Cargo Container provides plenty of storage. a pair of hydrogen engines combined with four hydrogen tanks and six O2/H2 generators. Out of gas? You've still got seven batteries to keep the wheels rolling.
- A fully pressurized environment and oxygen system allows you to breath easy, and a survival kit is included in case something goes horribly wrong along the way. If used on a planet with a low-oxygen or toxic atmosphere, an external vent can easily be fitted to harvest any available oxygen.
- A pair of heavy gatling turrets backed up by welders and decoys provide light drone defense and the ability to assault small, lightly armed bases.
- No jetpack? No problem! This vehicle was designed to meet the needs of even the most impossible of survival scenarios, and is fully walkable and climbable.
- Scrape-free design means this rover can go up or down 50% grades (2:1 slopes) without striking the front or rear on the way, and a gyroscope is included to keep the rover level or straighten out after a bad jump when needed.
- Stay moving with basic scriptless cruise control system using wheel propulsion override. Clang stole a tire? An integrated set of hydraulic jacks and a spare tire are there to get you going again in a hurry.
- Little touches to make life easier like a repair projector, a large ore detector, a stowable, adjustable-height rear connector, and timer block based modes so you don't need to fumble with controls to enable the guns when a drone is bearing down on you.
Much like the other larger creations of the United Worker's Union, this rover was designed to be able to be built entirely on planet, with minimal resources available. Cobalt is only required to produce metal grids for the large cargo container, refinery, assembler, and turrets. The heavy armor can be filled entirely with steel plate until excess metal grids are available. The Refinery modules are all easily accessible so that Speed and Power modules can be used prior to the discovery of gold ore, and upgraded to Yield modules when possible.
The rear hinge and connector will need to be manually placed on the piston when building in survival, and the jack piston tops can be covered with catwalk plates, left uncovered, or even have Piston Tops projected onto them. Consult the hotbar guide for configuration of the rear button panel.
Help! I built this but my hotbars are all squares!
Not to worry! The hotbar setup guide has the seat and timer block hotbar settings used in this blueprint.
The center of mass is slightly rearward of the wheelbase center when empty, and is centered above the wheelbase when fully loaded. If the front wheels start to lift in any circumstance, forward pressure with the gyro can be applied to keep traction. If jumping off of a cliff or ramp, attempt to align the rover in the direction of travel and pitch/roll so that the wheels will be level with the landing surface. After an extremely long fall it is common to break off one of the jack piston heads, but minimal damage is normal in those cases. When loaded, use additional wheel power and friction to go up hills. Note that full containers of ore or heavier materials will significantly hamper the rover's ability to climb hills. If desired, a small hydrogen thruster can be added on the rear directly above the camera to provide additional thrust when going up hills, but it replaces the spare tire.
In combat, try to stay moving at a 20-45 degree angle to the enemy. The decoys are placed low between both hydrogen tanks, but the welders can keep the tanks and turrets safe if materials (primarily steel plate) are present to repair with. Try to avoid facing directly toward the enemy to avoid hits to the cockpit if the enemy is on the ground (for example, an Assertive Installations base). The turrets are placed very high on the body, so hills can be used as cover and the rover can go hull-down behind them if the hill is sufficiently tall. In general, the Hathor was not designed for combat, but to defend itself against light drone attacks only.
Originally built as part of a Survival... Impossible run, this rover was designed to compliment the rest of the United Worker's Union fleet and to provide a light mobile base that can be used for a more nomadic game or to support heavy or long-range mining operations where a small grid truck just wouldn't have the cargo capacity required or the ore deposits are over jagged terrain.