The Collins Class Mining Freighter is a jump-capable ice miner and hauler that was originally designed to fulfil the role of a dedicated cargo hauler in my survival mode game. During it's early construction however the design was adapted to allow the ship to mine ice and refine it into hydrogen to fuel/power itself and supply other spacecraft or outposts with hydrogen.
Please note that the ship is not designed to land on planets or engage in combat.
No mods were used so other than needing a couple of the DLCs there is no requirements.
* Can be operated by a single person and it supports up to three additional crew.
* Four crew quarters (including the Captain's quarters) each with their own bed, toilet, shower facility, and storage. There's also a mess with a small kitchen and lounge area.
* Red rotating emergency lights have been installed throughout the interior which can be activated from in the bridge.
* Has two docking arms in the midship which are actually a pair of connectors attached onto pistons that can extend out allowing the ship to connect/dock to stations safely without getting too close and risking collision. (doesn't summon clang in my experience so it's "safe-enough" I think).
* Ore detector with 150m default range installed in the bow of the ship behind the drills, there is also a camera and four spotlight in the bow next to the drills that can be used by the helmsman for mining.
Weaponry: 2x gatling turrets with 10 boxes of ammo each (connected to conveyor system)
Power Generation: 1x Hydrogen engine (primary), 1x small reactor (backup and for jump drive recharging, has 166 uranium ingots by default)
Batteries: 6 in total. Three in engineering, two on the bridge and one in the bow behind the drills.
Jump Range: 4000km (unladen)
Weight: 924,120 (unladen)
Control type: Crewed only
Crew Capacity: 4
Minimum crew: 1
(For more specs see the last image)